Monday, December 6, 2010

Big Guns Korn and Kiwi Rockers Shihad

Band: Korn supported by Shihad
Date: 5th December 2010
Reviewed By: Espylyn

Shihad has just started as I entered the venue and they proved they have the guts and glory to fully rock out as a support act just as much as when they are the main act. Frontman Johnny Toogood proves time and time again he is the front man guru. Shihad powers out old hits and newbies to the punters who lap up the bands antics and bounce for the Kiwi rockers.

Korn enter stage amongst smoke and when the infamous microphone stand is uncovered the crowd go ballistic (ballistic is actually too weak a word), and the band members leap into each song with so much love and passion that we all follow suit.

I could feel the pent up energy before the band started and it wasn't long before guys in the crowd had shirts off and were pushing the rest of the crowd into mayhem. Korn played to the crowds energy and got them bouncing so much I wondered if the floor could hold such a force.
Jonathon Davies is the exotic front man with his crazy dancing, dreadlocks jumping all over the place showing us that Korn are here to stay and his vocals bring us the passion and filth Korn fans need. Fieldy slaps that bass and surrenders to that twangy bass sound that the band is renowned for, whilst Munky is the most interesting in appearance displaying a mask whilst sticking his tongue for the crowd as he often does whilst Ray Luzier hits the AMAZING looking drum kit like a zombie who has just been told he's about to get some brains for dinner, my goodness is that one sexy mutherfucking drumkit.

Korn played hit upon hit including Somebody Someone, Falling Away From Me, Blind, Shoots and Ladders, Freak On A Leash and new tunes Oildale 'Leave Me Alone' and Let The Guilt Go. Fans erupted with pent up angst and singing through every song like I haven't seen for a long time. A piano crept into the start of a few song but I wasn't sure this was really necessary to the performance. Last song of the night was Got The Life.
This gig has been my personal favourite Korn gig which I feel is due to the smaller venue with crazy awesome loving Korn fans.I left the show with the biggest smile on my face and even though it was humid in festering hall and my feet hurt, I didn't want the show to stop - boo to curfews!

No comments: